Los Cabos International Film Festival 2014, 3rd edition (previously called Baja International Film Festival), will take place from November 12th to 16th, in Los Cabos, one of the most beautiful places in Mexico – if we may say so ourselves. At the festival Mexico, United States and Canada will exchange and showcase the latest achievements and cinematographic production.
As each year, movies will be shown in different categories; Los Cabos Competition – this category is aimed at developing and strengthening existing links between cinematographic proposals from Mexico, the U.S. and Canada, celebrating similarities and mutually enriching each other from their differences. Fiction films and documentaries compete to qualify for the prize awarded in this section. With this, Los Cabos Film Fest is establishing a communication bridge connecting the cinematography of this geographical area, thus, the USD $15,000 prize is aimed at supporting producers so they can continue their work. We look forward to seeing:
– Trois histoires d’Indiens (Dir. Robert Morin – 2014, Québec, Canada, French).
– Tu dors Nicole (Dir. Stéphane Lafleur – 2014, Canadá, Québec, French).
– Violent (Dir. Andrew Huculiak – 2014, Canada).
In Tributes, Los Cabos Film Festival will screen the most representative works of each honoree for the audience’s enjoyment through learning or revisiting the character’s career. Don’t miss:
– Guillermo Arriaga Tribute, Screening Films: “Word with Gods” (2014) and “The Burning Plain” (2008).
– Atom Egoyan Tribute, Screening Films: “The Captive” (2014) and “Exotica” (1997).
– Denys Arcand Tribute, Screening Films: “Le Régne de la Beauté” (2014) and “Les Invasions Barbares” (2003).
In Galas, important pre-releases screened at the Pabellón Cultural de La República, preceded by honored guests walking down the red carpet. The Galas Program is undoubtedly one of the scenes of the Festival that will be on the spotlight every night. Among the screenings see:
– Mommy (Canada, 2014), Director: Xavier Dolan.
– Words with Gods (Mexico, 2014), Directors: Warwick Thornton, Héctor Babenco, Mira Nair, Hideo Nakata, Amos Gitai, Álex de la Iglesia, Emir Kusturica, Bahman Ghobadi and Guillermo Arriaga.
We will be updating the calendar as soon as new movies and additional program of Los Cabos Film Festival are confirmed. Until then, save the date, book your plane tickets, reserve your accommodations, and see you at the 3rd Los Cabos International Film Festival!