Mexico’s incredible food is probably just one of the things you like about this country so much. But there is wine and spirits as well. And friendly people, and beautiful places, and gastronomic festivals that you shouldn’t miss! While Cabo San Lucas and San Jose de Cabo are well known for their gastronomic festivals (among others, we have already written about Capella Pedregal’s Wine and Food festival, and One & Only Palmilla’s culinary event, to name just a few), Todos Santos is another Baja town you need to add to your list! Their traditional Gastrovino Food and Wine Festival is getting bigger, better and more and more popular.
We have been at Gastrovino Food and Wine Festival for their 1st and 2nd edition, and we can’t wait for May 23-25, 2014, to come, so we can see, taste and try what wine producers from Baja created and prepared for us this year. This three-day festival that celebrates everything wine and food-related now draws an international audience in just the three short years that it has been in operation. Local cuisine and wines are celebrated including tastes from Valle de Guadalupe. The main event of the festival will take place on May 24 where dozens of booths operated by the best local restaurants will be serving up dishes for eager gourmands to try. A silent auction will also happen that will benefit local charities for children.
3rd Annual Gastrovino Food and Wine Festival program:
May 23rd 12-2 pm
- Blind Tasting Challenge BCS / Amateur contest (challenge) at the cultural center.
- Blind tasting of 24 Mexican Wines led by winemaker Engineer Mr. Lluis Ravenport from Cavas Freixenet.
- Bottles and cash prizes for the winners of 1st – 3rd place!
400 pesos p/p
- Wine Pairing Diner at Hotel California
- 8 delicious courses, 8 fine wines
- Four top Mexican winemakers presenting their wines and specialties of Chef Dany Lamote
- VIP concert
$ 100 USD p/p
May 24th 2 – 6pm
Main event, GastroVino Festival Todos Santos Town square
- Tastings of the Best Mexican wines and gastronomic delights of Baja California
- Attractive silent auction 100% on benefit of local institutions (Boarding school and DIF)
- Jazz, Mariachi, famous Mexican singer Luna Itzel and other surprises
- Food and wine bottles for sale at special prices.
Pre Sale 350 pp / day of the event 450 pp (Includes 7 wine tastings, 5 food tastings and more)
- Sunset Afterparty at Guaycura Skydeck Bar with DJ Chachin Rosas
100 pesos p/p
11 am – 3 pm
- Beach Bubbly Brunch at El Faro Beach Club by Guaycura
- Live music, the best Mexican sparkling wines from Cavas Freixenet & mimosas, pairing with a variety of seafood and other delicatessens of the region.
- Swimming pool, beautiful beach and guaranteed fun on the shores of the Pacific Ocean
400 pesos p/p
You can find more info, the program, participating wineries and restaurants and purchase tickets at www.gastrovino.mx.