TripAdvisor® announced the results of its annual travel trends survey of more than 2,700 U.S. travelers. Despite the current economic climate, 31 percent anticipate they will spend more on leisure travel next year, while 49 percent expect to spend the same amount as they did in 2011.
79 percent of respondents plan to spend a minimum of $3,000 on vacations in the coming year, 57 percent will pay out at least $5,000 and 21 percent will invest $10,000 or more on 2012 leisure travel.
90 percent of respondents are planning to take two or more leisure trips next year, and 24 percent are planning five or more getaways.
Beach Bums and Culture Vultures: Top Trip Picks Travelers are Planning for 2012
- Beach trip – 44% >>> with 2,000 kilometers (1,242 miles) long coastline, Baja California Sur has to offer plentiful of beaches to enjoy in.
- Cultural trip (e.g., visiting museums or historic sites) – 42% >>> cultural places we recommend in Baja: El Triunfo, once a capital of Baja Sur, Todos Santos, as well as La Paz and San Jose del Cabo.
- Road trip – 40% >>> take a week off and hit the road from Cabo San Lucas all the way to wine country, Ensenada, in Baja California Norte.
- City trip – 36% >>> Our choice: Todos Santos, La Paz and San Jose del Cabo.
- Guys or girlfriends getaway – 24% : besides it’s beaches, Los Cabos is famous for its nightlife: it is the place to be for groups of friends, celebrating a special event, birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party and more… See our getaway Los Cabos vacation villas.
Trip-o-Meter: Culture, Cruising and Castaway Experiences on the Rise in 2012
Our favorite island in Baja California Sur is Isla Espiritu Santo. The only friends you will make there are sea lions, dolphins and a wide variety of birds.
The Hotspot List: Destinations in Americans’ Sights
- Sixty-eight percent plan to travel outside the U.S. in 2012 and among these globetrotters, 54 percent will visit Europe, 52 percent will go to a North American destination outside the U.S. (such as Canada or Mexico), and 12 percent will travel to Asia.
- The top three international cities U.S. travelers plan to visit are Paris, London and Rome.
- The top three U.S. cities for 2012 are New York City, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Lodging Barometer: Travelers’ Accommodation Picks for 2012
Luxury Villa Collections offers a catalog of three to five bedroom villas and two and three bedroom condominiums for those looking for a personalized Cabo San Lucas vacation rentals experience. Everyone of our properties has an ocean view, ample outdoor living space, fully equipped kitchens, satellite television, wireless Internet, washer and dryer, daily maid service, even beach towels. All you need to bring is your desire to have a good time.
Mobile Devices: A “Go To” Travel Resource in 2012
- 44 percent of U.S. travelers plan on using their mobile phone or smartphone more as a travel resource during trips in 2012.
- 47 percent expect to use their mobile device for their travel needs at their destination.
- 37 percent will use a mobile device for restaurants research, 27 percent will use one for attractions research, and 26 percent will use one for accommodations research.
- 31 percent plan to use travel apps on their mobile device or smartphone in 2012.
- 16 percent plan to use travel apps on their tablet devices.
*Check out Cabo Insider App for iPhone and iPad.
Top Eco-friendly Traveler Actions for 2012
- Participating in a hotel’s linen or towel re-use program – 71%
- Switching off the air-conditioning or heat when leaving the hotel room – 51%
- Select a hotel specifically for its “green” or environmentally-conscious credentials – 12%
“U.S. travelers will be spreading their wings far and wide in 2012, with 68 percent planning international trips,” said Karen Drake, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor. “Sun and sand remain an enduringly popular choice, but the coming year will also see a renewed interest in cultural trips, as Americans seek to combine precious downtime with enriching experiences.
” Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Media Group Sites, Worldwide, August 2011
*Information Source : TripAdvisor